Adams County is preparing for the 21st century with the recent construction of a new medical care campus is evolving along Route 32 with the recent completion of a new hospital, a new state of the art cancer treatment center, and a new dialysis center.
The SOMC West Union Family Practice is a fully staffed satellite office situated on 2.5 acres in Adams County Commerce Park that focuses on primary care. It is the mission of SOMC to truly make a difference in the lives of patients, employees, and the surrounding community.
The operation of SOMC follows guidelines of The Joint Commission, the nation's predominant standards-setting body in health care, and SOMC has received top honors from that organization for meeting standards. SOMC currently employs 2,200 full time employees and part time employees, has a medical staff of more than 140 physicians and specialists, and is supported by approximately 800 regular volunteers.
- Hometown Feeling – Our friendly, family-oriented staff understands there is no substitute for a caring approach in providing accessible healthcare, and through collaboration, communication and integration, we work as trusted partners with the community to ensure an appropriate environment for healing.
- Customer satisfaction- We place the needs of the patient first, exceeding customer expectations by empowering staff to deal with situations so the patient is the most important person every time, every encounter.
- Collaboration – We partner with numerous community organizations, healthcare providers and leaders to enhance quality of life.
- Dedicated Attitude-We are committed, responsible individuals, showing initiative, follow through, pride, volunteering, involvement in all aspects of work and its appreciation, multitasking and a sense of belonging while seeking personal and hospital-wide best.
- Strive to be the Best – We maintain professionalism through continuing education, staying competent, maintaining values and ethics and accepting no less while working as a team to seek constant achievements allowing us to show our pride and know the rewards of total success.
- Compassionate – We desire to attend to, provide for, protect and meet our customer’s needs with genuine, non-judgmental concern.
- Loyalty – We make a commitment to work together for the people outside and within our organization by being faithful, lawful, sincere, moral, trustworthy, fair and honest in a confidential manner.
- Affordability – We provide the highest quality care at reasonable prices with payment terms to fit the patient’s ability to pay in a timely manner.